While the Star Wars movies traditionally only won technical Oscars for visual effects and John Williams’ scores, the television side of things has won Emmys in the past in the case of The Clone Wars. Now, the first live action Star Wars series has been nominated for fifteen Emmy awards.
Today The Mandalorian has been nominated for fifteen Emmys, including Best Drama:
- Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation
- Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance for Taika Waititi
- Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour)
- Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For a Drama Series (three nominations: Episodes 2, 4, and 8)
- Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For a Series, Limited Series, Movie Or Special (Episode 6)
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Series
- Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series for Giancarlo Esposito
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour)
- Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes
- Outstanding Drama Series
Not only was the first live action Star Wars series a huge hit that immediately became part of pop culture due to The Child, it’s also being lavished with award nominations.